Otafest is committed to a welcoming and accessible environment for all attendees. We understand that personal circumstances may require accommodation for certain patrons to be able to fully enjoy the Otafest experience. Otafest strives to meet the needs of any patrons who may be experiencing mobility issues, sensory challenges, or other health needs.
As a start, we provide the following for those who self-identify as having a disability:
- Direct line access to admissions and complimentary caregiver admission (must be accompanying a patron who requires assistance, and must show valid proof of profession at admissions desk);
- Place-holding system for autograph and panel lines upon request, provided you arrive at the appropriate time and secure your place in line,
- Wheelchair friendly seating spaces in the main events and panel rooms,
- Wheelchair friendly aisles in the vendors and artist alley,
- Friendly convention staff and volunteers throughout the convention spaces who can assist as needed,
- A quiet, safe space is available upon request – our friendly Policy Enforcement team will be able to escort you to a quiet room.
In addition, the public areas in the Telus Convention Center and the Marriott Downtown Calgary have seating available throughout. Elevators are available and are marked on Otafest’s maps.
Please keep in mind that all panels and autograph sessions are loaded on a first come, first served basis, so do plan to arrive early. There may be limited wheelchair seating available in a panel room, and autograph lines tend to fill quickly due to high demand. In most cases, lines open 1 hour prior to the start of an event, so please plan accordingly.
Due to limited resources, we may be required to discuss modified accessibility in order to try and meet your individual needs. If you anticipate further needs or have any questions, please email us at email@example.com to discuss your unique circumstances.