Otafest’s AMV Contest is open to everyone who wants to submit an AMV video into competition provided that it’s their own work and conforms to all the rules as listed below. You do not need to be present at the event to enter, but attendance is always encouraged when possible.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, April 6, 2018
Submission form at the bottom of this page.
Quick Rules Summary:
- AMVs: Must be longer than 74 sec., shorter than 6 min.
- Trailers, Commercials or Intros: Must be longer than 29 sec., shorter than 3.5 min.
- No more than 2 entries per person/group.
- No subtitles, watermarks, logos, text, or credits.
- Must not have premiered before September 1, 2017.
- The majority of your entry’s video content must consist of anime-styled or manga-styled content.
- Audio for all AMV entries (except Trailer/Commercial/Intro) must be majority music. No excessive dialogue.
- Must be age 14+ appropriate.
- AMV-Hell style entries will not be accepted.
- Must satisfy our technical requirements.
Fill in the form at the bottom of this page to participate
As the contest will be two hours in length, all accepted entries will be judged by a panel of judges to determine the finalists.
If you have any questions on any of the rules or submission guidelines, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Good Luck and we look forward to more amazing videos!
Awards and prizes will be given out at the event, however If you are unable to attend the festival and you win something, you will be notified after the event by email. Your mailing address will then be requested so that any awards and prizes may be sent to you.
- The duration limits for each submission are as follows:
- AMV Entries: 75 seconds minimum, 6 minutes maximum.
- Trailers, Commercials or Intros: 30 seconds minimum, 3 minutes & 30 seconds maximum.
- Only two (2) entries will be accepted per individual or group.
- Previously released videos (i.e. AMVs shown publicly at other contests or downloadable on the internet) must not have premiered prior to September 1, 2017 to qualify.
- Dishonesty, plagiarism of other AMVs (in whole or in part), or any actions that cause grief or dishonor to the event or to others may result in the offender being excluded from future Otafest AMV activities. Severe cases may result in banishment from all Otafest events.
- The content and context of each entry must be suitable for an age 14+ audience.
- Entries that use footage containing subtitles, watermarks, text, studio logos or graphic overlays may be disqualified. Exceptions may be granted if such usage is intentional and plainly necessary to the video’s concept.
- Entries that include any inextricable credits, bumpers or slates will be disqualified. Otafest will create custom-designed titles.
- The majority of your entry’s video content must consist of anime-styled or manga-styled content. Consideration will be given to other sources that also fit the spirit of this event.
- The audio content of all AMV entries must primarily be music. Entries with an excess of non-musical content (i.e. narration or dialogue) may be disqualified. Trailers, Commercials, and Intros are exempt from this rule.
- Entries that are primarily a reel of multiple unrelated and random micro-AMVs (AKA: AMV-Hell styled entries) are not eligible.
- All entries must meet the requirements listed in the Technical Requirements section below.
- Otafest AMV staff and contest judges are ineligible to compete.
- You unconditionally grant us eternal, irrevocable, and limitless permission to use, copy, share, and exhibit your submission(s) in any way including for purposes and usages outside of or unrelated to this event, and you grant this permission with no expectation of compensation, remuneration, or any form of obligation from us of any kind.
- The AMV Contest Coordinator and Judges’ interpretation and implementation of the rules and contest winners are final. All judging methods and decisions are final. Otafest reserves the right not to show entries for any reason.
All videos are required to be in at least a resolution of 640 x 480 or better (720p preferred) and a minimum frame rate of 23.976. Audio must be at a sampling rate of no lower than 44,100 Hz (48,000 Hz preferred).
For best results please encode your AMV as an MP4 using H.264/AVC video compression. We will also accept other formats provided that they are of good quality and don’t require a large degree of difficulty for us to work with.
Your video must have no noticeable video defects (interlacing, macro-blocks, banding, aliased lines, over compression, etc.) and your audio must sound clean and undistorted. Poor video and/or audio quality are bases for disqualification.
If you have questions regarding these technical requirements, please contact us at email@example.com.
In order to enter and submit your entry/entries, you will need to enter all the required information into the online form below and provide a link for use to download your video. Videos may be accepted via third party upload sites (i.e. web links, Dropbox, Rapidshare, Sendspace, etc.) so long as they do not need to be “signed up” to access. Links to streaming sites such as YouTube will not be accepted. Please provide the URL link in the space provided.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.