How It's Made Cosplay Edition
How It’s Made is a two-hour event focused on bringing the community together by sharing our knowledge and experiences in cosplay and other related crafts. The event is just like a science fair: presenters display cosplay pieces or equipment that they have made or used, educating visitors about the processes involved. It’s all about discussing cosplay and building up the cosplay community in Calgary!
12 topics will be selected from craftspeople who sign up below. If you’re an experienced craftsperson who wants to spread the word, this is the event for you!
Date/Time: Sunday, May 17, time TBD
Location: Lobby outside the Main Events Hall
Application deadline: April 2, 2020
What do I get?
Participating in How It’s Made will grant you a Panelist badge for Otafest, with How It’s Made counting as one panel.
As per Otafest’s Panelist Guidelines, panelists receive a discounted weekend pass when they run one panel, or a free weekend pass when they run 2 or more panels.
How do I become a presenter?
- Decide what your topic will be,
- Submit the form below before April 2,
- You’ll receive a confirmation email by April 9 to let you know you’re selected! Start preparing for your table and be ready for Sunday, May 17th.
If you’re unsure about your topic, need ideas, or have questions, you can email Jessica at email@example.com.
- We take commitment seriously. Participants who arrive more than 15 minutes late or drop out after May 1st without an acceptable reason will be banned from participating in similar events in the future.
- Participants are required to arrive at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the event for set up, and remain in the How It’s Made area for the entire 2 hours of the event.
- Otafest will provide one 6ft x 2.5ft brown wooden table at the participant’s request. Other equipment must be provided by the participant. Participants are encouraged to cover the table with fabric or a table cloth. Participants may use electricity to enhance their presentation.
- Be prepared to explain or discuss your topic with visitors with a variety of knowledge levels. (i.e. new cosplayers, experienced cosplayers, people who do not cosplay, etc.)
- No harassment will be tolerated. If you feel that a visitor’s behavior is inappropriate in any way, inform staff members and the situation will be resolved.
- This is a family-friendly event. Please do not use foul language or display inappropriate images.
- You may not sell work or actively promote your social media at How It’s Made tables. It is acceptable to have business cards or cosplay cards at your table, but you may only give them out or talk about your pages or business if the visitor brings it up first.